dump ACPI tables
acpidump utility is used to dump the system's
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) tables that are provided by
system firmware. The dumped tables can be used by other utilities, such as
The following options are supported:
Example 1 Dump all ACPI Tables
- Get the table at the given physical address.
- Dump all tables to binary files.
- Enable dumping customized tables. The default is off.
- Read the table from the given binary file.
- Display the usage message and exit.
- Get the table with the specified signature.
- Write output to the given file.
- Dump tables from the RSDP at the given address.
- Only print table summaries.
- Print the version.
- Do not use the XSDT.
The following example dumps all of the ACPI tables from the
system. This can then be used with
acpixtract(1M) and the iasl
utility to decode the ACPI tables from the system. In this example, all of
the tables are written to the file acpi.out.